Have you ever come across that embarrassing situation when you are told to choose the ingredients that you want to add to your sandwich at the Subway and you are clueless about which ingredient tastes how? You see a variety of veggies and colorful leaves and you give it a try.
That then tastes incredible, doesn’t it? Amongst all the fast food restaurant Subway has emerged out as the top brand with its first of the kind food products? There are many chains in the food industry that have come up with those regular meals, packages, and other crunchy food items for their customers, but Subway has chosen to be unlike others.
Not only quantity but it has even taken care of the quality that it serves its customers. If you might be trying your luck in such a healthy food restaurant you are at the right place. We are here to brief you about the job process to get into Subway and boost your career further.
It is basically an American based fast food restaurant chain that has its roots in Milford, Connecticut, U.S. Fred DeLuca, and Peter Buck found it in 1965 and since then its business never dwindled. As of today, it was about more than 44,000 restaurants all around the globe, half of which are galloping in the U.S itself.
It has many food products to serve its clients such as sandwiches, breakfast meals, wraps, slices of bread, toppings, and salads. Eventually, it has changed its logo from ‘Subway ‘ to ‘Subway Eat fresh’. With this, it highlighted that its not ‘just’ a fast food brand but a ‘healthy fast food’ restaurant. Today, it ranks 2nd in the world to deliver food to the customers all around the world, with McDonald’s still leading the race.
You might have got an insight into how huge and dominating this company has been throughout these years. Making a debut of your career with this brand is something worthwhile, isn’t it? So let us take a look at how to apply at Subway and enhance one’s spirits.
Fun facts about Subway
- It sells an approximate number of 5000 sandwiches per minute
- There are around 38 million combinations available with a variety of ingredients to make the stuff for your sandwich.
- It makes use of around 12 acres of lettuce plantation every day to grow its business.
- Fred Deluca established Subway at the age of 17 by taking a 1000$ loan from their family friend.
- It is said that Subways all around the globe smell in the same unique way (this is because of the variety of bread slices they bake).
- It is predicted that having Subway sandwiches daily can reduce your weight (Former spokesperson of Subway has proved it as he reduced around 120 pounds by just having Subway sandwiches daily)
The job Application process at Subway
Subway has come up with dual ways of submitting their job application form. Either candidate can submit it online or offline.
Aspirants who have time constraints can submit the form online by filling up all the necessary details like your personal information, contact, education details, work experience, and other general information. General information mainly includes your salary expectation, working hours, job location preferences, etc. After duly filling this application form you can sign it off by accepting the disclaimer stated below.
Along with this, aspirants need to answer a questionnaire set that usually includes information about the company. This is included in the form with a notion that hopefuls should at least have a basic idea of the company where they are going to boost their career further
Hopefuls who are keen on working with Subway can also fill their form offline. This can be done by downloading the application form and then limiting your search to the job post and location. Download and print this form and later enter details manually. Along with this form and your resume you can submit it in person at the store. This will let your employee know about your curiosities of working with Subway and may prefer you over other candidates
Seekers who look for management level posts should attach resume online as well as offline for creating an impact on the recruiters as this post comes with a baggage of responsibilities and power too. You may have to go an extra mile while applying for any job post as this creates a first impression which should obviously be positive for things to go smoothly.
- What is the minimum age to work at Subway?
Candidate should have a minimum of 16 years to work here. This age limit solely depends upon the location of the store. Few countries grant work permits at the age of 18 and above.
- What is the minimum qualification required to work at Subway?
Hopefuls should at least be 10th pass to apply for a basic job of the sandwich-artist at Subway. Although for managerial post company aims to hire candidates that have a masters degree in business and marketing and also have a few years of experience.
- What is the pay-scale at Subway?
An average sandwich artist earns $8 per hour whereas managers earn around $25,000-$45,000 per year.
- Which job-posts can you apply at Subway?
Subway has many job positions available for its hopefuls.
Sandwich-artist- Their role is to maintain friendly relationships with customers. Also, help them in getting a proper sub as suggested by them. They also cook and bake slices of bread and serve their customers. Few perform the job of taking and managing the orders too.
Assistant manager- They report to the general manager of the store. In case of any grievances from the customers’ end, they have to look into the issue and resolve the same. They also handle a team of sandwich-artists and give them proper training about the norms and standards of the store.
Manager- He is responsible for maintaining peace and order at the store. Also, raw material availability is to look after the general manager. He has the onus of promoting various offers released at the store and maintain friendly relations with the clients thus roping them in large number.
Perks at Subway
Like any other fast food restaurant chain, Subway also has few benefits for its employees. These facilities depend upon your job positions
If you are posted as a sandwich artist you can enjoy the following benefits
- 401(k) retirement plans.
- Discounted meal coupons
- Flexibility in working hours for women who look after their children and college-going employees.
- Scholarships are given to part-time college going students through reimbursement policies.
- Health insurance (It covers the dental, eye and other ailments)
For employees who work at management level enjoy few more benefits including the aforesaid
- Life insurance
- Free meal coupons
- Discounted share plans
- Paid sick and casual leaves
- Dress in a formal way while you attend an interview.
- Your gestures speak more than your answers. See to it that you sit erect with not a too bending posture nor in a too haughty way. Shake hands with the hirer before you start with the interview round. This creates a friendly and professional atmosphere before you begin with the Q/A round.
- At the end of the interview ask questions to the employer. This will portray your willingness towards the job.
- Always carry required documents and pen along with you. If you are helpless when needed then this may showcase your careless attitude towards your duties.
Interview question and answers.
- Tell us about yourself
If you are an experienced candidate, do showcase the past work done by you. Also, If you wish to continue your studies put forth your aspiration before the recruiter.
Give them a brief description of your likings, where you come from so that they get an insight into your traveling hours and expense.
- Tell us about your previous work experience?
If you are joining as a fresher at Subway you can show the employer your passion to work in the food industry and state him the reason for doing so.
Family or education needs can also be put forth before the employer.
Out of all, it is necessary that you don’t fake reasons and show your real self while attempting this question.
If you are an experienced candidate you can highlight your previous achievements and challenges that you overcame during your past working phase.
- How do you handle an upset customer?
Your answer can be presented as below
I will take this issue to the manager so that the next course of action can be taken. In his absence, I will see to it that the order is replaced. Because I feel after all guests arrive at our doorstep to make KFC’s fortune and we cannot let them down in any respect.
- Do you have any questions for us?
Never lose this opportunity that comes right in front of you. Be prepared with few standard and meaningful questions that are actually required before you commit yourself to this job.
- What kind of training sessions are provided to the employees?
- Generally after how many years is promotion given to employees?
- What are the chances of getting my transfer requests approved?
- What are my duties for this job post?