Along with other fast food restaurants that are opening their doors to the customers’, food industrialists have recently caught on that there are many who choose beverages over food. Yes, there are people who rely more on coffee and tea rather than having some heavy food on their way to trips.
Taking into account such habitual routines of the customers, businessmen have come up with beverages café too. Along with some quick tea and coffee cups, they also sell snacks for youngsters to relish on. One such renowned café of today’s decade is Starbucks.
It has become the toast of the season and even though being the costliest beverage shop, it has never experienced a downfall. With business mushrooming there comes the need for manpower. Due to increasing vacancies and its stores cropping up in all corners of the world they are bound to recruit a large number of employees. On the other hand, there are many hopefuls who dream of getting into such a Multinational coffee cafe.
So here we are to provide you with some quick tips on how to get into your desired dream company.
It’s an American coffee café that first set into motion at Seattle, Washington. It was discovered by Jerry Baldwin, Zev Siegel and Gordon Bowker in 1971. It is well known for brewing various types of coffee for its seekers. It first took off its business by just selling various types of roasted coffee beans. Later on, they started brewing coffee and with this its business increased manifold.
Some of the Starbucks coffee products are VIA, espresso, caffe latte etc. Also, they sell coffee mugs and cups, packaged products like chips, pastries, and sandwiches. Few products of Starbucks like cold coffee, ice-creams are also sold at grocery stores. The first overseas store was launched in Tokyo. Today, it has more than 28,000 shops worldwide Starbucks has assumed the position of a tycoon in the food market.
How to apply at Starbucks Job Application
Starbucks has come up with a dual job application process that is online as well as offline for aspirants who look upon this company to work in.
They can download the application form from Starbuck’s official website by navigating to the careers section (link) and selecting relevant job posts and location. You should fill all the required fields in this form and submit it at the nearest store for further process.
If you are applying for a basic level post then this is enough but for management level positions you should attach a resume along with the application form and submit it at the store. However, forms which showcase experience and match appropriate qualification are chosen over the fresh candidates.
Even you can apply online by filling the application form and attaching the soft copy of your resume if required and after verifying it completely then and only then you should submit the form.
Generally, you get to hear from the recruiters within a month’s time after submitting your application form. If this takes more time due to more inputs then you can personally get into touch with the managers at the store so that they understand your desire for this job.
For basic level entries after filtering the application forms, you will be called for one-to-one interview rounds. And for manager level posts there are multiple interview rounds conducted during the hiring process, one with the panel managers and other with the district manager.
Starbucks Employment details Starbucks Jobs description
- What is the minimum age to work at Starbucks?
Starbucks allows candidate above 16 years of age to work at its place for a basic level job. Although this figure may vary depending upon the country in which it is located. In few countries like India working below 18 years of age is considered to be illegal and therefore in such countries, it is required that the aspirant is 18 years above.
- Which job-posts can you apply at Starbucks?
There are plentiful opportunities for hopefuls who look forward to work here. Here we have enlisted them below
- Barista– They work as cooks at Starbucks. They are expected to have basic knowledge about coffee and cooking. The additional responsibilities of Baristas are to maintain cleanliness in the kitchen, have a customer friendly attitude and maintain hygiene while cooking. They should have a minimum of 16-18 years of age to work in this position.
- Cashier– They usually help out themselves at the counter and are supposed to fill up orders and manage them. They should also have a customer friendly attitude and should make their customers aware of various offers it has to give away to them. They require a minimum of 16 years of age to work at this position. Freshers too can apply for this job post.
- Shift Supervisor- They should have a minimum of 16-18 years of age. They manage a team of cook. They are responsible for maintaining cleanliness at the cafe. Training the Baristas and the cashiers for their roles and responsibilities and making them aware of the store’s norms and standards should be the prime concern of the supervisor. Shift supervisors can choose any shift (morning or evenings) as Starbucks sees its employee’s flexibility.
- Store Manager– Store Managers are supposed to look after the store. Its cleanliness, infrastructure, kitchen cleanliness, the supply of raw materials at the store are all to be supervised by the manager. Also, customer grievances are settled by the store manager. He is supposed to have a customer-centric attitude so as to attract people towards their stores.
- What is the pay-scale at Starbucks?
Pay scale varies as per your job posting. Entry level jobs enjoy minimum hourly wages which go up to 6000-7000 per month. Whereas management level posts enjoy a salary package of $30,000 annually depending upon their experience and qualification.
- What is the minimum qualification required to work at Starbucks?
Candidates should be at least 10th pass for getting a work permit at Starbucks. For management level position one should have a masters degree and few years of experience in the food industry too.
- Starbucks work timings
Work timings at Starbucks depend upon the store location. Usually, stores at metro cities remain open until midnight. Whereas in remote towns stores welcome its customers from 11 am 9 pm daily.
Perks of working at Starbucks
Apart from providing salary it also sees to it that its employees enjoy their work life as well. The few perks that Starbucks provide are as follows
- 401(k) retirement plans.
- Paid sick and casual leaves. (Leave count depends upon your job post)
- Health insurance. (This includes dental, hospitalization, eye check-ups etc)
- Scholarships for college going discounts through reimbursement policy.
- Life insurance
- Discounted meal coupons.
Starbucks Interview question and answer Starbucks interview Question
- Tell me something about yourself.
- The answer should not necessarily include your personal likes and dislikes, as neither the employer nor the company has to do anything with them unless they have a huge impact on the company’s norms and standards. (Any medical concerns, criminal cases etc)
- This question does not aim in getting your resume repeated verbally by you. You need to think and present yourself out-of-the-box. Here are just two points that you need to cover in the best possible humble tone.
- You should talk about your past experience, the various tools, and environments that you worked in. If you are a fresher you can highlight few certification courses or internships that you have completed so that you don’t sound like a ‘complete fresher’ unintelligent to get exposed in an industrial field.
- You can end up saying why you need to take up further challenges and how curious you are to handle risks as upcoming opportunities.
- Why should we hire you?
You can detail the employer about your past achievements and ways in which you handled each problem that came your way. You can also show curiosity in accepting new challenges and risks. A learning attitude is what most of the recruiters focus on.
- Will you work part-time or full-time?
There isn’t any wrong or right answer to this question. You can entail your concerns to work as a part-time employee.
- Do you have any criminal record?
You need to be honest while you answer this question. That is all that matters. You should know that although you give an affirmative answer that need not create a first- bad impression. Maybe the employer just wants to know how faithful you remain while working here.
- Do you have any questions for us?
If you have a hunch that you have cracked this interview round feel free to ask a few questions to the employer which shows how keen and serious you are regarding this job. Few questions that you might ask are
- What kind of training sessions are conducted here for the employees?
- What are the chances of getting promoted?
- What is the process and probability to get my transfer request approved?
- Will you give me the highlights that come along with this job profile?
- Are there any onsite opportunities in the near future?
These are the few tips and tricks to get into some of these multinational fast food restaurant chains.
Also, when you opt for any of such companies, you should take care that you do not specify the term ‘fast food’ as this may create a bad impression on the recruiter. They see this word to carry a negative impact on their business and hence may find you unsuitable for promoting their products.
This is all that you need to take care of while stepping into this chain of fast food cafes. We hope that you find this article useful for further job application process at Starbucks. Go ahead and give your career a kick-start with this read