To all the hopefuls who wish to start their career in a well-reputed brand that promotes sales and marketing strategies, you have come to the right place. In this article, we have detailed about the job application process of Old Navy. This is one of the recognized brands globally and has stood out in all terms in today’s market. For those who want to get an overview of how this firm operates and hires candidates, let’s go through the following sections.
About Old Navy
Old Navy is an American based retail clothing brand that came into existence in 1994 in San Francisco, California. It is a subsidiary of Gap Inc. Until now it has launched its stores in around 100 countries and is still expanding its business. It has more than 1000 stores all around the globe and has seen immense business growth in these 24 years of its experience.
It is well known for its signature denim clothing styles that vary from super skinny, skinny, original and boot-cuts. Its cloth categories are also segregated in four different washing types. Also, it has wide varieties of clothes ranging from kids to women, men, toddler to young girls and boys
Employment details at Old Navy
- What is the minimum age required to work at Old Navy?
Old Navy hires candidates’ at the age of 16 onwards. There is a green signal only for basic level posts to work at this age. Also, candidates need to have work permits from their parents as well as the company to start earning at this age. Whereas to work at management level positions you require certain minimum years of experience.
- What is the pay given at Old Navy?
Basic pay of $9 per hour is given for basic level positions like Brand associates, Stock associates. Whereas managers enjoy an annual package of around $70k.
- What is the minimum qualification required to work at Old Navy?
You should be at the least 10th pass to work at Old Navy for basic entry-level jobs. Management seats call for work experience and a master’s degree as well. Qualification and experience requirement arises while stepping up the company’s hierarchy.
- Working hours at Old Navy
Old Navy is a clothing brand and therefore is open for its customers all days of the week.
Mon-Sat- 10am to 9pm
Sunday- 10am to 6pm
Employees can choose any work shift timings that is convenient to them.
- Job posts at Old Navy
This big brand comes with various job posts. Herein mentioned are the roles and responsibilities that come with their position
- Brand associate- They are expected to work in shifts. Their main role is to interact with customers in a friendly manner, convincing them of why should they choose the brand and sell the store products accordingly. Taking customer grievances to the managers and settling the disputes, making payments for the purchased products are the tasks they need to perform on a regular basis.
- Stock associate- They are required to fill up the sold stocks at the store. For doing so they should have a proper idea of daily and monthly sales so as to manage the stock. This also includes labor work and hence candidates with good physique are hired for this post. Loading and unloading stocks are their prime duties.
- Manager- This management level post comes with various other sub-posts like assistant manager, department supervisors, shift managers, etc. Their primary role is to train the brand and stock associates for their duties. Also, they have to look after their needs, demands and regular attendance.
- Their call is considered to be the final when dealing with upset customers. They should ensure that their brand is the talk of the town and should devise marketing strategies to boost the income of their store.
Perks at Old Navy
Old Navy lets its employees relish on some out-of-the-package benefits. Herein are few perks provided by Old Navy
- Paid sick and casual leaves
- Life insurance
- Domiciliary claims. (This includes vision, dental-related ailments)
- Paid time off
- Flexibility in working hours
- Maternity leave
- 401(k) retirement plans
The application process at Old Navy
Old Navy allows candidates to apply online to fill up the vacancies. These are the few steps to follow while filling up your application form
- Fill up your personal details like your name, address, age, gender, contacts, qualification, etc. Any bogus data will let your application form be scrapped off during interview rounds.
- You have space to add your work experience details and general information pertaining to the company.
- Before filling up the form see that you have all the required basic information about the job profile you are applying for and about the company as there are survey and questionnaire that need to be answered while filling up the form
- For management level posts see to it that you attach your resume as well to highlight your application form in the online crowd.
Aspirants can also apply offline, as few locations allow submission of form in person. This usually creates an impact on the employers as this indicates your high spirits to work with them. Formal dressing is recommended while you do so.
Interview question and answers
- Tell us something about yourself
Most of the candidates misinterpret this as a personal question. But this is not the case. Here the employer seeks to know out of your resume. You can highlight a few points when this is asked for
- If you are an experienced candidate you can bring to the fore your past experience. Freshers can speak about their intern experience.
- Apart from this, you can also mention any of your personal concerns you feel that may hamper or boost your work life. This can help the employer know your priorities apart from the job.
- Any achievements or incidents related to your health or firm’s reputation should also me mentioned when asked for.
- Where do you see yourself after 5 years?
This question indirectly aims at your career goals. Employers are interested to know what your career strategy is, so as to know your intent of working at their firm. You can use the following points while answering this question
- Be true. No need to fake your goals and intention. Neither you need to be more transparent about your strategies.
- Tell them how this job will aid you in achieving your goals and how enthusiastic you are to face challenges at this position at their company.
You should note that if you aim to grow up as an IT manager and you show yourself up for an interview in the food industry, this may contradict with the hirers’ intentions. At this point, you are more likely to get rejected. Therefore it’s necessary to plan your goals prior to attending any interviews.
- Are you flexible while working with us?
You can address your concerns if any (family, medical, college, etc). Affirming with the above question can increase the chances of getting hired.
- Will you be working as a full-time employee here?
There is no wrong answer to this. Depending upon your age and other needs you can choose to answer this question.
- Do you have any criminal record as of now?
Be true to your words here. It is not always necessary that this will create a negative atmosphere in the room if you have any such criminal records against you. You can state the reasons for having so. The employer here tries to understand the level of risk that comes along with your hiring if you assert to this question.
- Do you have any questions for us?
If you are intuitive about your selection for the post you have applied feel free to ask questions you are doubtful about. Few are listed below for your knowledge
- What are my roles and responsibilities for this job post?
- What are the chances of getting my transfer request approved?
- Are instant promotions taken into consideration for employees who stand out or are it as per company’s norms?
- What kind of training sessions is conducted for the employees?
- When will I get an intimation about my job confirmation or what is the time span of receiving my offer letter if I get selected?
These are superficial things that are generally overlooked by most of the candidates. But it is always better to be prepared for the worst. In this competitive world, slight negligence may cost your position in the company. So let us take a look at this before moving further
- Show up in a very decent and formal way for an interview you attend. Neglecting this look may drop an impression of you being lazy or it might also reflect your lack of interest in pursuing the job.
- Conduct a dry-run at your home by yourself before you attend an interview. This should include your gesture, talking-tone, and your postures as this speak much louder than any other questions you answer there.
- Never forget to carry necessary documents and pen during interviews. This shows how responsible and careful you are.
- Punctuality is also noted down during the hiring process.
Fun facts about Old Navy
Having a wind of what your dream job went through to attain this position in the market is of considerable interest to your recruiters. Although this seems to be much fun, it is of prime importance during your interview sessions. So let’s go through some facts of Old Navy too.
- Old Navy is named after a Parisian Bar.
- Unlike other clothing brands, it has changed its logo several times until now.
- It had hired employees of its competitors due to which its business shot up in no time. This was one strategic business plan devised by them.
- Another marketing plot was laid down by this brand by designing its showrooms in the form of grocery stores. This was done to attract the wanting eyes of its customers.
We hope that you found this article useful for planning your career goals. We look forward to assist you in various ways and help you get your hands on a suitable secure job for your bright future.