If you are looking forward to making your career debut in fast food restaurant chains you have surfed the right page. In this article, we will guide you through the twists and turns you have to make while getting placed in some high profile restaurants as McDonald’s.
Have you ever got down your car tired and to your relief caught a glance of those golden arches of the well-known McDonalds? This is the impact that it has created on its customers. Whenever you make your entry here you will find the employees tip-toed to satisfy their customers’ needs.
The widespread chain of this café has not let its quality go down at any point. Just take a peek at the kitchen in which they hustle for their customers. You will only take a glimpse to find it spick and span. Getting a job at such a quality place is noteworthy.
And we are sure that you have landed here just to get to know more about your dream company. Let us take you to its how-to-apply tour before you unintelligibly apply for a job posting here.
- 1 McDonald’s Employment details
- 2 Perks at McDonald’s (Mcdonald’s employee benefits)
- 3 What is the pay-scale at McDonald’s? Mcdonald’s employee salary
- 4 How to apply for McDonald’s Job Application
- 5 McDonald’s Interview question and answers
McDonald’s, an American based fast food restaurant was first discovered by Richard and Maurice McDonald in 1940. This 79-year-old café has now found its existence in almost all countries of the world with its 37,855 restaurants.
With this figure, it has proved itself to be the top leading restaurant chain of the present times. But obviously, it has reached its glory due to the variety and economically tasty food that it provides to its customers. Hamburgers top the list of food items.
Now coming to the most important and interesting fact of this fast food company, is that it hires around 1 million workers every single year to meet the never-ending and inevitable demands of its customers. It sounds satisfying, doesn’t it?
But getting placed here is not a calk walk. And so you have got a spoon feeding article to get you placed here in a month’s time after you apply for your desired posting. Let us take a quick look at the haves and have not’s while doing so.
McDonald’s Employment details
What is the minimum age requirement to work at McDonald’s?
This factor basically depends upon the country and the state you live in. In most of the countries, McDonald’s hire employees at the age of 16.
While doing so it is necessary to have work permits from their parents. With such young age comes the limitation of job posts.
You can be hired for various posts apart from the managerial post as this designation requires either a master’s Degree or experience.
What is the minimum qualification one should hold in order to work at McDonald’s?
The minimum qualification that a candidate should possess is he/she should have passed matriculation. Undergraduates, graduates, and postgraduates are willingly hired here.
- What are the working hours at McDonald’s?
Generally, this being a booming chain in the food industry it is open for its customers all round the clock. But it also depends upon a few external factors such as the location of this food chain, public wants etc.
In most of the B- towns due to craving crowds from all nooks of the city, you will find it open 24*7.
But in remote cities where there is less scope for profiting and corners where it has been generously given space to set up its business, like malls and corporate canteens, its timing depends upon the crowd and the external factors.
- For which posts can I apply at McDonald’s?
McDonald’s has come with a variety of positions for you. Enlisted below are the ones along with their roles.
Crew members – Candidate above 16 or 18 years of age (depending upon the country you live in) can apply for this post. Minimum qualification required is you should be matriculation pass. Crew members usually consist of cooks, Grill team, waiters etc.
Their role is to serve meals to its customers as per their demand. Their key responsibility is also to maintain hygiene in the kitchen and maintain clean washrooms and drinking water cans at the café for its guests.
Crew trainer – The age and qualification requirement remains the same for the crew trainer. He/ she are in charge of training the crew members about their roles and responsibilities.
The fact about the crew team is that you cannot directly be posted as a crew trainee. You need to have minimum years of experience to act as a crew trainee here.
Department Manager – There are in all 3 department managers per store. You should be above 18 years of age and hold a masters degree to be positioned at a managerial level.
Proper and instant delivery from the crew members for each order should be monitored by these managers. Also, they are in charge of kitchen hygiene.
In case of any grievance from the customers, the end should be dealt at this level.
General Manager – Candidate should possess a master’s degree and a minimum age of 18 above to be placed as General Manager at McDonald’s. He is in charge of the supply at his store.
He needs to ensure a constant supply of raw materials and the maintenance of store infrastructure and further enhancements required. Also, he has to look after the crew member requirement in case of seasons. He holds the ultimate power to hire candidates for a particular position at his store.
Perks at McDonald’s (Mcdonald’s employee benefits)
Crew Members enjoy various benefits working at McDonald’s like
- 401k retirement plans
- Free or discount meal coupons
- Flexible timings (for ladies who have to look after their children and for part-time employees such as students)
- Health insurance
- Scholarship to pay for one’s school and college
- Free uniforms
Employees at manager level enjoy further benefits inclusive to the above like
- Paid leaves. (Sick and casuals)
- Life insurance
- Education allowance
What is the pay-scale at McDonald’s? Mcdonald’s employee salary
Crew members get a fairly minimum hourly wage of $7.25/ hour. This may also increase up to $10/ hour depending upon your work quality and experience.
Managers here can earn up to $35000 annually depending upon their experience.
How to apply for McDonald’s Job Application
You can find job application forms online at McDonald’s original site @
In their career section, you can choose the job type you want to be hired for by selecting the type (Crew, management). After selecting this you will be given a link to download the application form.
You need to fill in personal, educational and payment details. You can even attach a hardcopy of your CV along with the application form if you wish to apply for management level positions. Both these documents should be submitted to the nearest McDonald’s store.
You are likely to get an interview call in a month’s time after submitting the application form. If you go through the career section only to find that there are no relevant job posts at present you can even sign up to get job alerts when a suitable job vacancy would show up.
Fun facts about McDonald’s
- They sell around 70-80 hamburgers per second.
- In every 15 hours, a new McDonald’s is opened.
- Per day revenue of McDonald’s is around $75 million.
- A CEO’s hourly income is equal to an average crew man’s 7 months income.
- The busiest McDonald’s store is at HongKong.
- In India, there are 179 McDonald’s stores – the country where beef eating is restricted.
- It buys around 54 million pounds of apples per year.
- Only 7 items at McDonald’s are sugarless.
- Largest McDonald’s store is presently at Beijing which covers 28,000 sq feet.
- The smallest McDonald’s store is in Tokyo which comprises of only 492 sq feet.
McDonald’s Interview question and answers
- Tell me something about yourself.
Most of the people find this question simply difficult to answer. You need not by rote your resume when this question is put forth you, maybe the recruiter is expecting more than your CV details. You can highlight your past work experience or internships that you have done.
Also, challenges or appraisals that you had received can be stated. You can even give a brief idea about your hometown so that the employer gets an insight into your traveling hours too.
- Why should we hire you?
No need to over exaggerate when asked for the reason for your existence in McDonald’s. You can simply mention your strengths and explain to them why you see them as your strength and not weakness. You can also show eagerness to work in new environments and face new challenges for your betterment.
- Will you work part-time or full-time?
There isn’t any wrong answer. You can explain yourself to work as a part-time employee here.
- Do you have a criminal record?
You need to be honest here. That is what matters. This may show your truthful quality and professional working attitude.
- Do you have any questions for us?
If you have a gut feeling that you have cracked this interview round then you are free to ask as many questions you like. Few we have enumerated for you
- What kind of training sessions is conducted for the employees?
- What do you feel is the best thing about working at McDonald’s?
- What are the chances of getting transferred?
- What are my responsibilities for this post?
- Are there onsite opportunities in the near future?
Official information You should know Before McDonald’s Interview
We are sure that by now you have got a good insight on how and why to apply for McDonald’s. We wish you good luck for your future growth. Don’t hesitate, go ahead. You are sure to crack their interviews.
McDonald Contact Details
- McDonald’s Corporate Address: 2111 McDonald’s Dr., Oak Brook, IL 60523
- McDonald’s Phone Number: 1-800-244-6227
MCDVOICE UK Contact Details
You can get McDonald’s Help from the below link address.
- McDonald Galashiels: +44 1896 754450 ( Open until 12:00 am )
- McDonald Boston: +44 1205 361307 ( Open 24 Hours )
- McDonald Edinburgh: +44 131 226 3872 ( Open 24 Hours )
MCDVOICE USA Contact Details
- McDonald Avon: +1 317-272-6926 ( Open until 12:00 am )
- McDonald Pinellas Park, FL: +1 727-576-6772 ( Open 24 Hours )
- McDonald Waveland, MS: +1 228-467-1294 ( Open 24 Hours )
Social Media Contact
You can get the details of the social profiles and its details at the official sources. You can view details and its updates briefly.
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/McDonalds/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/McDonalds
- Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/McDonalds
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/McDonalds/
- Tumblr: http://mcdonalds.tumblr.com/
- Mcdonald Feedback: Mcdvoice.com Survey
I Hope I have included all the details which are required to know before applying the taco bell job application. If you are still looking for any additional information then feel free to contact we will definitely help you even you can comment below your query.