Walmart Job Application Process Including Walmart Job Application Online, Walmart Interview Question, and Answer Guide.
Today with the growing market there is a need to know business strategies that entrepreneurs take on to zoom out on the streets. If you as a young enthusiast are keen to know how marketing is done in actual world you should make yourselves useful in some of the top-rated firms to get an idea of how things work on a small and large scale as well.
Well, you have searched the right page for doing so. In this article, we are going to describe how to apply for jobs at Walmart. Yes, you heard it right. Walmart, the leading firm of the globe who has set a record in the business field today, generously hires employees for basic level as well as management positions.
Walmart is an American based multinational retail shop that sells different products at its stores like groceries, clothing, shoes and other accessories. This firm was first established in Bentonville, Arkansas us in 1962 and was founded by Sam Walton.
It has set a world record of having the largest revenue of $500 billion thus leading the race. It is also recognized to be the first employer to hire 2.2 million employees per year. Today Sam Walton’s heir manage half of Walmart’s business. This organization has established itself overseas with different names thus becoming an internationally recognized brand. It has shown up itself as Asda in the UK, Best Price in India, and Walmart in the US and Canada.
By now you may have got an overview of how large and profitable company it is. Now let us take a look at the hiring process of Walmart.
Walmart Employment details Walmart Job Description
What is the minimum age required to work at Walmart?
The minimum age to work at Walmart is 16 years. The age requirement also depends upon the country in which the store is located. In countries like India, it recruits candidates at the age of 18 and more for basic entry-level jobs. Candidates should have work permits approved from both the employer and their parents to earn at this age. Management seats, however, require minimum years of experience too.
• What is the pay given at Walmart?
Basic pay of $8-$9 per hour is given for basic level positions like Greeters and Stock associates whereas managers enjoy an annual package of around $50k.
• What is the minimum qualification required to work at Walmart?
You should be at least 10th pass to work at Walmart for basic entry-level jobs. Management seats call for work experience and a master’s degree as well. Qualification and experience requirement arises while stepping up the company’s hierarchy.
• Working hours at Walmart
Walmart being such a huge brand keeps its door open 24*7 for its customers. However, employees can choose work shifts as per their convenience. During seasons and peak hours employees might also be asked to work overtime. Hence flexibility is expected from your end to work at such a busy-big firm. Night hawks can prefer this position to excel at.
• Walmart job positions and descriptions
This big brand comes with various job posts. Herein mentioned are the roles and responsibilities that come with their respective designation
1. Greeter– They are expected to work in shifts. Their main role is to interact with customers in a friendly manner and greet them warmly at the stores. They are expected to get a general idea of their wants and direct them towards their destination at the store. They are in charge of scanning their belongings while entering and exiting the stores.
2. Stock associate– They are expected to work generally overnight or in the evening shifts. Their duties are related to the stocking of goods at the stores. Since it is related to loading and unloading of goods at the stores manually, it requires proper physique. Night owls can aim for this position.
3: Sales associate- They should possess good and friendly communication skill. Their main role is to assist customers with the products’ description, price and guide them in fitting rooms.
4. Manager- This management level post comes with various other sub-posts like assistant manager, department supervisors, shift managers, etc. Their primary role is to train the brand, stock, and sales associates for their duties. Also, they have to look after their needs, demands and regular attendance. Their call is considered to be the final when dealing with upset customers.
They should ensure that their brand is the talk of the town and should devise marketing strategies to boost the income of their store.
Perks at Walmart
Like any other retail firm that runs on various products or a single product, Walmart being today’s leading brand provides similar perks to its employees. Here are few of them enlisted for your perusal
• Paid sick and casual leaves
• Life insurance
• Domiciliary claims. (This includes vision, dental-related ailments)
• Paid time off
• Flexibility in working hours
• Discounted coupons and free membership at Sam’s Club
• 401(k) retirement plans
Walmart Job Application process
Candidates can apply online as well as offline for jobs at Walmart.
However, handing over your filled application form along with your resume to the recruiters may have a positive impact, as this shows your curiosity for the job post you are applying.
Candidates who have time constraint can even apply online on Walmart’s official website here https://careers.walmart.com/
by restricting your search to their career section(link). Hopefuls trying to opt for management seats should ensure to attach the softcopy of their resume while submitting their form online.
walmart application pdf 2019 download
If you want to apply Walmart job application offline using Walmart application pdf then follow links by which you can fill it and apply. Print Out Walmart Application also you can Download a printable Walmart employment form from below given
Walmart Job Application Interview question and answers
• Tell us something about yourself
Most of the candidates misinterpret this as a personal question. But this is not the case. Here the employer seeks something to know of out of your resume. You can highlight a few points when this is asked for
1. If you are an experienced candidate you can bring to the fore your past experience. Freshers can speak about their intern experience.
2. Apart from this, you can also mention any of your personal concerns you feel that may hamper your work life. This can help the employer know your priorities apart from the job.
3. Any achievements or incidents related to health or reputation should also me mentioned when asked for.
• Where do you see yourself after 5 years?
This question indirectly aims at your career goals. Employers are interested to know what your career strategy is, so as to know your intent of working at their firm. You can use the following points while answering this question
1. Be true. No need to fake your goals and intention. Neither you need to be more transparent about your strategies.
2. Tell them how this job will aid you in achieving your goals. And how enthusiastic you are to face challenges at this position at their company.
You should note that if you aim to grow up as an IT manager and you show yourself up for an interview in the food industry, this will contradict with the intentions of the hirers. At this point, you are more likely to get rejected. Therefore it’s necessary to plan your goals prior to attending any interviews.
• Are you flexible while working with us?
You can address your concerns if any (family, medical, college, etc). Affirming with the above question can increase the chances of getting hired.
• Will you be working as a full-time employee here?
There is not any wrong answer for this. Depending upon your age and other needs you can choose to answer this question.
• Do you have any criminal record as of now?
Be true to your words here. Not always necessary that this will create a negative atmosphere in the room if you have any such criminal records against you. You can state the reasons for having so. The employer here tries to understand the level of risk that comes along with your hiring is you assert to this question.
• Do you have any questions for us?
If you are intuitive about your selection for the post you have applied feel free to ask questions you are doubtful about. Few are listed below for your knowledge
1. What are my roles and responsibilities for this job post?
2. What are the chances of getting my transfer request approved?
3. Are instant promotions taken into consideration for employees who stand out or are it as per company’s norms?
4. What kind of training sessions is conducted for the employees?
5. When will I get an intimation about my job confirmation or what is the time span of receiving my offer letter if I get selected?
Walmart Interview Tips 2019
These are superficial things that are generally overlooked by most of the candidates. But it is always better to be prepared for the worst. In this competitive world, slight negligence may cost your position in the company. So let us take a look at this before moving further
• Show up in a very decent and formal way for an interview you attend. Neglecting this look may drop an impression of you being lazy or it might also reflect your lack of interest in pursuing the job.
• Conduct a dry-run at your home by yourself before you attend an interview. This should include your gesture, talking-tone, and your postures as this speak much louder than any other questions you answer there.
• Never forget to carry necessary documents and pen during interviews. This shows how responsible and careful you are.
• Punctuality is also noted down during the hiring process.
We hope that you found this article useful for your future application process.